1.Promote application of Knowledge of students from physical, biological and behavioural sciences, medicine including alternative systems and Nursing in providing Nursing care to Individuals, families and communities.
2. Develop understanding among the students about life style and other factors, which affect health of Individuals and groups among students.
3. Promote Nursing care based on Nursing process in collaboration with the Individuals and groups.
4. Foster critical thinking skill in making decisions in all situations in order to provide quality care.
5. Promote the utilization of the latest trends and technology in providing health care.
6. Provide promotive, preventive and restorative health services in line with the National health policies and programmes.
7. Promote effective communication with individuals and groups and members of the health team in order to promote effective Interpersonal relationships and teamwork.
8. Develop skills in teaching the individuals and groups in clinical/community health settings.
9. Promote effective participation as member of the health team in health care delivery system.
10. Develop leadership and managerial skills in clinical/community health settings.
11. Promote need based research studies in various settings and utilize the research findings to improve the quality of care.
12. Create awareness, interest, and contribute towards advancement of self and of the profession.
13. Encourage practice within the framework of code of ethics and professional conduct, and acceptable standards of practice within the legal boundaries.